View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 AM
dray965

My grown children (and their families) and I exchange what we call our Christmas wish list. We put everything from expensive to very cheap...that way there will be something that each family can afford. We started doing this years ago because we hate to waste money on a gift that they may not like when we could buy something that we know they want. With a list of hoped-fors the suprise element of the gifting is still there.

On my list I put several quitling mags I'd like to receive a subscription for, machine quilting thread, schmitz (sp?) needles for the machine, basting spray, one or all of the stencil cd's from Quilt Making magazine, a rolling carrier for ma sewing maching to take to my quilting club, a flannel-backed table cloth so I could make a design wall...several other such things. I started to ask for fabric and/or fq's or charms..but knew they wouldn't have a clue on what to get in that department. I would have liked a gift certificate to the LQS...but they live 4 hours away and the LQS is an hour away from me in a different direction...so that was out.