Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Geeze, that 130 shines! I have always been afraid of rubbing alcohol and decals! That machine looks great! Please post a photo after you have that machine all cleaned up!

Now if you want a machine that would have no problem doing sails - it is the Pfaff 130! In fact, the 130 was used for making/repairing sails by a lot of sailors! I feel guilty sometimes that I don't use my 130 more. Between the Pfaff 1222e with the built in walking foot, the Pfaff 130 for its power, and my Singer 319 for decorative - I really don't need another machine! Hummmmm, I have to add, though, that the Pfaff 360 just does the most amazing job with free motion work! Although, I have never tried to FM with the 130! The 1222e also does great with FM!

Nancy
Nancy, I do not like using, nor should I have recommended using rubbing alcohol on paint finishes. It is risky. I did try it here on that gunk under the motor. It was my test area, not well seen if all goes wrong kind of spot on the machine. And I will post pictures when it is done along with the scary pictures I took before I started.
I am looking forward to getting it cleaned up and running. The 130 seems to have quite a following of people that just love them. Since the first Pfaff I bought, I am a fan too. Great Machines! In fact, I am almost done with the 230 and that one should be going to it's new home here at the end of the week.
~G~