Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I will add my 2 cents based on my own experiences. We had always had PCs. Hubby does programming for a living so he always helped me. Then the end of 2009 I needed a new computer and went to the Apple Store and was blown away by the 27" iMac. I bought the "works" program which is compatible with Word, Excel, and Power Point, and it was very cheap. I was able to install it myself - hubby was very impressed with the ease of set up, ease of use, plus when you call the help line you get a person in the US who has always been helpful for us trying to do something or just to reassure us as we do something. I also got Eye TV which hooks into the TV cable and computer and so while I am typing this on one side of the screen I am watching TV on the other side of the screen. That is because this computer is in the kitchen and I wanted to be able to do both. Hubby keeps a big custom built PC for his gaming, but liked my iMac so much he bought himself a MacBook Pro. He has it partitioned to do Windows, but he doesn't do that very often.

I am able to upload pictures to this site. The problem is not with my computer, but, with the limited size acceptable by the site.

So, as of today, I don't think I'll choose a PC again over a Mac. For me, worth the extra price.

PS, They do offer for $99 a year unlimited One to One where you can go to the Apple Store and have a session with a "genius" for them to show you anything you want. The fellows there told me I could schedule an appt. every day for a year if I wanted to. I didn't need to. I realize this is a problem if you don't have an Apple Store nearby.