View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:28 AM
QuiltingKrazy

Default Just so tickled and giddy feeling!

OMG! I had recently asked my 32yr old single, struggling artist, naturalistic son what he wanted or needed for Christmas. Last year I got him sketch pads, canvases, paint etc. Year before I got him a Violin and the year before that a Mandalin. He has self taught himself to play many instruments and his education in graphic design ha changed to from computer graphics to actual paint, watercolors, pencils stetches etc.

WELL last night is told me a few things he wanted supply wise and when I ask if anything else, his reply was.... ( here come the exciting part) He has been intriged and interest working with FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY! You can't imagine how my heart soared! He requested basic sewing stuffs. His current idea is to purchase clothing items at the Goodwill and see what he can create from that! He said he is really kinda excited about this new venture! ( like I'm not! HA!)

I couldn't sleep last night for thinking of all the things I want to send him way. He lives in Pensacola, FL and me here in NC. I need to find him a used sewing machine, hopefully my sister can locate one there in town as she lives in Pensacola too. I can't wait to see some of his first creations! OF course I'll post pictures here for all to see as the momma brags on her baby boy! Yep, He'll always be my baby even though he is my oldest!