Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
dilyn

Default Just set out the milk and cookies now and we’re done…

It’s time to retire and we are closing our business in computer repair this month. We’ve had the most wonderful landlords for all these years and I wanted to do something for them to let them know how much we appreciate them.
The weather did not cooperate today for photography! It was pretty windy out and it didn’t help that I hung the quilt crookedly. I didn’t want to make a large bed quilt, because I do not know their tastes, colors or even if they like quilts! So I settled on a smaller lap quilt or wall hanging that they can put away for most of the year if it is not to their taste.
This quilt is 50 X 60 inches and took almost 2 weeks to make (mostly because I couldn’t make up my mind on how to do some things and I kept choosing the wrong way and having to do it over…) I wanted to piece the star, but didn’t like any of them (I now have 3 orphan star blocks in my stash) on the tree. I ended up drawing one on paper and appliqueing it on. I quilted ‘twinkle lights’ (or my version thereof) on the tree and was very pleased with those. J
Attached Thumbnails adscn2217.jpg   adscn2218.jpg   adscn2219.jpg   adscn2222.jpg