Thread: Pfaff 230
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Nona

Default pfaff 230

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Can somebody(s) give me the low down on the Pfaff 230 machines?

Joe
My mother bought a 230 in Germany in 1952 for $175. This machine will sew anything!!!!We have done upholery, we have made coats we have made ballet costumes and it will do leather (sew slow and have a leather needle). It will drop the feed dogs and zigzag. If you have the cams (they are under thre retangular opening on top of the machine). If you need the manuals I can get them from my mother's house. My mother is now in a dementia facility and no longer can sew. Until I bought my own Pfaff 10 years ago, my name was on that machine. They only time this machine has been worked on was about two years ago and it was taken to a pfaff dealer who told mother it was unrepairable. She brought it to me at Christmas and I took it to my repair guy and he called to ask who had worked on it, when I told him he laughed.....The wonderful pfaff dealer took the motor off and wired it backwards when it put it back on......Able charged me $20....It took him longer to find out what the doofus had done than to fix it. It didn't even need cleaning....I learned to sew on this machine.....It is a keeper!!! If you decide you want to sell it or get rid of it...I want first dibs!!!! I'll even drive to Illinois to get it. Let me know how it goes.