Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Belfrybat

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate knowing the size of bobbins as I couldn't find that anywhere in the instruction book! And it never occurred to me it could be used in a frame, but I doubt I will as I want to learn FMQ either on her or the vintage Singer I bought a couple of weeks ago. <sigh> I am now sewing machine rich!

I tried the machine out today and am really happy with the way she sews. The only "ought" I have is the walking foot doesn't have the hole for a guide, and it appears the guide that comes with the machine can't be used with the walking foot (dumb if you ask me). The Janome does have the hole and it's so convenient to pop the guide in to follow a previous row of stitching -- up to 3" apaart. Does anyone have a suggestion for a work-around, as I really don't want to have to mark all those lines on the quilt.

Tomorrow I'm going to test the free-motion foot as it is different than others I've used in it has plastic in the circle with just a small hole in it.

Oh, and I need to name her. So far I have Jan (Janome), Bess (vintage Singer) and Lemon (modern Singer not even worth the price of lemonade).

Last edited by Belfrybat; 12-05-2012 at 03:49 PM.