Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
I can't see why you hate it so much. It is PRETTY! I had a quilt thaI was so frustrated with that I could have died. I had worked hard on it and was going to have to go to the hospital. A friend of mine offered to finish it for me. So, reluctantly, I gave it to her to finish. When I got it back it was a t-total mess. I paid her 20 dollars for the work she had done. And I went home crying. I worked with it for several days. There was no way I could fix it without taking it all apart. But then when I tried to do that, the stitches were so tight I couldn't get the seam ripper inbetween. Another friend came along and thought she could fix it so I just gave it to her. So............ Do you need a friend? I'll gladly take it!!!!!!! :lol: Just feel free to PM me for my address. But seriously. It is really pretty and I think you could grow to love it. After all you have put a lot of work into it.
I'm very sorry for your above mentioned icky quilt experience. Thank you for saying mine is pretty. I am working to finish it. As a matter of fact, I fell down yesterday and bruised my left rib cage area. When I don't move at all, there is no pain, so I've been sitting very still with this quilt and repairing the very outside edge star flower points and then stitching down the binding backside. It's looking o.k. When that's done, I need to make room on my cutting table to lay the quilt out to mark the design that's going in each block. For that, I'm planning to use a cherry red thread, hoping to add a little pizzazz (sp?) to the black centers. If red doesn't look good, I also have a blue solid and one variegated spool each of blue and red. After I've hand quilted the design in each block center, I still have some minor repairs to do to completely finish it the quilt. If I still don't like it, somebody who needs a warm bed cover will be getting this one as a gift.