View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:40 AM
jljack

I belong to the Cotton Patch Quilters of Kern in Bakersfield, CA. We have almost 300 members. There is another guild in Tehachapi, which is about 50 miles from here in the mountains. I don't know how many members they have. We do a quilt show every other January, do bus trips to big quilt shows in CA (Road to CA, Long Beach, Glendale), participate in many local quilt shows in the CA Central Valley, have an opportunity quilt for each of our quilt shows. We do charity quilts for NICU units in our local hospitals, and for the Painted Turtle Camps for ill children. We have friendship groups (but you generally have to be invited to join one), block of the month, show and tell, raffle table, name tag drawing at each meeting. We have really great teachers and workshops about 9 months out of the year...in November we get Pat Knoeckel!! So excited..she always brings great techniques from Eleanor Burns's workshops. We also have both day and evening meetings to accommodate the working people. We have a couple of men members, too. Overall I really like it..everyone is supportive and helpful. Here's the link to our website...we just updated it over the summer and we really like it. http://www.bakersfieldquiltguild.org/