Old 12-06-2012, 06:42 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380078[/ATTACH]This is a machine I picked up for free with two other machines, one a White and the other a Kenmore. It is a high shank, left needle machine. It was a mess when I got it, but now, after some oil, a new bobbin winder wheel and lots of Qtips and cotton batting (my fave cleaning cloths) it works perfectly. It even has a control for "automatic" (semi-automatic?) button holes.

I have a friend who needs to borrow a machine and I'm going to let her use this one if she wants. It really surprised me, it's a great machine. I really have no idea of the age or who made it. It's Japanese and takes the same bobbins as an old Kenmore I have from around 68 or so. It's a DeLuxe Emporium, DeLuxe 146B. I've done some searching, but haven't really found anything more about it. I found one similar on YouTube and watched the video. A lot of similarities, but not exactly the same. Just a good solid machine.

Oh, and I can drop the feed dogs and do a little FMQ!
Quiltingweb, your two-tone pink machine looks alot like my two-tone blue "Rodney" machine. I was pleasantly surprised at how strong and smooth my machine is. Those are great machines, but the left needle thing does sort of bug me. I'm curious if some of the high shank feet work on these left needle machines? I don't have high shank accessories to try except for a straight stitch foot that must of been made for the left needle machines! Has anyone tried their generic high shank feet on a left needle machine? I am curious if I ordered a darning/hopping foot if it would work with the left needle thing?

Nancy