Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Quiltingweb, your two-tone pink machine looks alot like my two-tone blue "Rodney" machine. I was pleasantly surprised at how strong and smooth my machine is. Those are great machines, but the left needle thing does sort of bug me. I'm curious if some of the high shank feet work on these left needle machines? I don't have high shank accessories to try except for a straight stitch foot that must of been made for the left needle machines! Has anyone tried their generic high shank feet on a left needle machine? I am curious if I ordered a darning/hopping foot if it would work with the left needle thing?

Nancy
Nancy,

I've been working with my Aldens Magic ZZ and my Dial 'n Sew machines. Both are high shank, left needle position on straight stitch machines.
The Aldens came with attachments and feet and I have tried the other generic high shank feet I have on it and they not only fit, they work just fine as well.
The same thing with the Dial 'n Sew. I suspect that the only time you'll run into any problems is trying to use the ZZ with a straight stitch foot and needle plate. That's a bit of sudden rudeness nobody likes.

One other weird thing. The Aldens ( Looks like a Necchi) will do straight stitch from the middle position. But, if I use the straight stitch needle plate I have to move the L-M-R lever to L. I don't bother cos the left needle position is a pain to set up for 1/4" seams. I just leave the Aldens on ZZ and put it in the M position. Problem solved.

The Dial 'n Sew and my Domestic automatically park left and you just gotta deal with it somehow, but at least the generic attachments I have work on them.

Joe