View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
omak

Eddy! I figured this out!
Have you ever heard of Mary Ellen Hopkins? She has a pretty relaxed mental attitude about piecing, and her quilts are beautiful.
bummer ... I just realized it wouldn't work.
But, I will explain what I started to say. You put a quilt together by putting patch to patch .... then two patches to two patches, matching the middle seam .... then, you sew the four patches together two at a time, always making sure that any excess is going toward the outer part of the quilt.
I can see with your strip quilting, it doesn't quite work so well, because you were matching five seams to five seams and if number three strip doesn't match the other three strip ... it all goes to pieces.
But, theories are fun to discuss, eh? LOL
Anyway ... since I understand you didn't like some of the fabrics and the process was frustrated by factory cut edges that aren't as accurate as you can create with your own ruler and rotary cutter ... I will leave you to admire the terrific results (well-loved by all who see it)
I must be in mommy mode because I was just thinking about how everyone oohs and aahs about the brandy new baby, and forget the labor that got him here <g>
So, now my next question is! forgetting the wonky and not so fun colors you didn't like, do you think you will be making another one any time soon?
It looks sort of like a double Irish chain ... catch you later <wave>