View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM
QuilterMomma

How did you know this is my goal for next year? I want to use up my scraps from all the UFOs that I finished this year. I have two 55 large gallon tubs full, two drawers of bright kid prints full, then several boxes of scraps that are a bit more organized by fabric type, such as flannel, plaids, florals, etc. Once I get these sewn up, I will have little to now fabric stash except batiks which are in their own tub and the Christmas are in their own tub as well.

Now, are we allowed to mix any fabric we want or do these scrappies have to be matchy matchy? If we do the matchy matchy thing then you will all hate me because i grab and sew.

Currently one of my ufos is a star quilt that is just Buggy Barn fabrics and I did stragically put scraps in a color formation. It is more work yes, but will show picks once I uncover it from the Christmas stuff I am getting done so this may be a couple more weeks.

I have been using scraps to make some of my gingerbread men and peppermint twist runners, also the scraps have been used now for a border on a wall hanging for the second wall hanging swap Rhonda is hostessing. Worked great to put those in so i could rid myself of 1.5" strips and pieces.

To tell a story here, the family's favorite quilt is a scrap quilt made of flannel strips and pieces that were left over from several projects of earthtone prints and fishing, that is all I had in flannels, I used one of those polyester cheap blankets from walmart that were getting pilled for the batting and just put on a flannel pieced back and it is the most used one in the house. Also made one of those log cabins in Christmas scraps years ago to make a Quillo that is loved at Christmas. Just some ideas. Will post a few photos later.

Will love to follow along here. As for a swap, not up to that, I love my scraps and do not need to trade them out. The mug rug swap was loads of fun and enjoyed that.