Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Cathe

Professional seamstress? Forgive my nasty suspicious mind, but I doubt it. She has one little countertop with one little inset sewing machine and a mini ironing board. No serger (although you see it in the before pictures) and no real storage. (Pretty pegboards with a couple dozen neat spools of rayon thread and a bunch of scrapbooking scissors don't count.) She has a nifty little tilt drawer with no space at all for all of the gadgets we need for using and maintaining a sewing machine. No cutting table at all, as far as I can see. More thought has been put into displaying pretty jars of buttons and decorative pincushions than accessible storage for real thread. You can see some of her thread in the before pics. (I use 5 rubbermaid drawers for storing thread.) Where are her patterns? (I use 12 rubbermaid drawers for commercial patterns and two oversized binders for my personally-drafted patterns.) Business records? COMPUTER?? If she only sells locally, she should have mirrors and a setup for fittings, and if she sells by mail, she would have shipping supplies.

She may have a lot of notions and supplies stored in the cabinets, but that beautiful room is just that -- a beautiful room. It's not functional.

What I did like:
I really liked her garbage system