Old 12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
JJC

This a beautiful wall hanging and your quilting is lovely. I totally agree that this piece is easily worth $200.00 - $275.00. Those folks who do not do any quilting just don't have the faintest idea of all the work that is involved in making/designing the pattern, cutting everything out, and putting it all together to be sewn, let alone all the quilting that is done on such pieces and not to mention all of ones time that it takes to do this. Don't let her have it for the mere $60.00 that she wants to pay for it.

I too found myself in this same situation just a year ago. I was asked to make a quilt for a lady (a former boss of mine) and we agreed on a price of which she was fine with, I purchased all of the materials and went to work on it while waiting for a deposit on which I never did get. This went on for awhile and to make a long story short, it was a lesson learned to never start anything without a deposit or the full price right up front. So I now enjoy the beautiful quilt along with matching pillowcases and shams to go with on our bed.

Originally Posted by pokergal3 View Post
I drew up the pattern, quilted it etc which involved a lot of sewing. See the picture. It is a memory heart tree wallhanging involving using the client s grandfather s fabrics that he used in his tailoring business. Most of the fabrics were almost impossible to work with but I struggled thru it. What more it had to be done within three weeks so I forsaked everything. It is 36 by 42. I had to buy the other fabrics as well as battings which came out to $36.10 not including the stuffs to make a pattern. Now what would you have charged the client for this. Thank you for your advices. sorry dont know how to make the picture smaller