Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Grant, Nancy, and Cindy, Thanks for the info. I knew it looked like a 128 but when the ismacs site said model 15 I couldn't believe it. I am going to have to unstick the bobbin winder.... it's not turning and the rubber tire is hard. Those aren't to difficult to find, are they? Maybe there is something that would soften it without having to replace it.

Glenn, are you out there tonight? The decals look a little fragile..... can I just use oil to clean them up without damage?

I am getting so anxious for this arm to get healed. I have 5 machines to clean up now..... I really can't do much with only one hand. I start therapy for my hand and elbow tomorrow.....maybe I'll be back to sewing soon.
Nanna, The bobbin winder is probably not stuck, just out of adjustment. The screw on the front is a small cam. Loosen it slightly until it moves freely and tighten the nut on the back while holding the screw in place. It might take a few times to get it just right. It can be tricky to get it just right by trial and error but once it is done and tight, you won't have to do it again. If you need more help just ask. I'd be glad to help. Good luck and get well soon.
~G~