View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM
mimiknoxtaylor

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
just a few thoughts on the "old" lace tablecloths...........I have a stash of them, along with hand embroidered tablecloths made for me by an dear now departed aunt, doilies crocheted by my mom, hand embroidered dresser scarves from antique stores, along with pillow cases....not to mention my "silverware" and "good china and crystal".....and as I grow older I am beginning to realize
these "things" will not be treasured by those who have to go thru my stuff......what to do............I still use these things at family gatherings, but will all this be given to "Goodwill", probably so.
Same here. I have decided to use some of the doilys as over skirts for the antibellium skirts for umbrella girl blocks for my 3 granddaughters. They will never appreciate all the hand work my mother, grandmother & great grandmother put into these things. My daughter does a "tiny" bit but really isn't interested & she only has boys.
I also have a beautiful crocheted lace tablecloth my great grandmother made & it's hugh! That will probably end up at the thrift store when I'm gone