View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 AM
ncredbird

White Lily Flour is the best for biscuits. Another good one is Martha White either all purpose or self rising. That being said they can be almost impossible to find in some parts of the country. While visiting my son for Christmas last year he asked that I make a large batch of my homemade biscuits and freeze them so he could enjoy them for several months after we left. I spent the best part of a whole day trying to find either of the two above mentioned flours to no avail. I finally gave up and purchased another national brand and they turned out just fine. I use Shirley Corriher's recipe for Touch of Grace biscuits and they are wonderful. I often delete the sugar but always bake them in a cast iron skillet. I have made them so many times I have them stored in memory. It took me half my life to find a decent bisucit recipe so in order to get my granddaughter started off right I taught her to make them so they will stay in the family for generations. These are a pat biscuit rather than a roll and cut. Recipe and tutorial can be found at:
http://www.food52.com/blog/2819_shir...grace_biscuits