Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Glenn

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Grant, Nancy, and Cindy, Thanks for the info. I knew it looked like a 128 but when the ismacs site said model 15 I couldn't believe it. I am going to have to unstick the bobbin winder.... it's not turning and the rubber tire is hard. Those aren't to difficult to find, are they? Maybe there is something that would soften it without having to replace it.

Glenn, are you out there tonight? The decals look a little fragile..... can I just use oil to clean them up without damage?

I am getting so anxious for this arm to get healed. I have 5 machines to clean up now..... I really can't do much with only one hand. I start therapy for my hand and elbow tomorrow.....maybe I'll be back to sewing soon.
Yes just use sewing machine oil to clean the decals. Put on some machine oil and let sit awhile then use cotton balls and more machne oil and gently start cleaning and it may take time to get them clean and if there is a little yellow still left it is the old shellac that as turned a little dark and that is okay. You don't want to remoce the shellac you just want to get the grime off it.

Skip