View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Teri D

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
just a few thoughts on the "old" lace tablecloths...........I have a stash of them, along with hand embroidered tablecloths made for me by an dear now departed aunt, doilies crocheted by my mom, hand embroidered dresser scarves from antique stores, along with pillow cases....not to mention my "silverware" and "good china and crystal".....and as I grow older I am beginning to realize
these "things" will not be treasured by those who have to go thru my stuff......what to do............I still use these things at family gatherings, but will all this be given to "Goodwill", probably so.
I have the same issue but I don't have ANY family: gorgeous crystal, dishes, silverware, collections of Hummels and Royal Copenhagen and Royal Doulton pieces etc.etc. I assume it will all wind up in a dumpster or on a "3 pieces for 10 cents" table. Young people don't want stuff like this -- they want things that are "disposable" or are cheap enough to be replaced when the "fashions" change. The only good thing is that I won't be around to see what happens........