Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
dilyn

Originally Posted by mlt150 View Post
Absolutely beautiful!! Did you design the entire quilt or change up a pattern. I would love to make this quilt if can pass on the name of the pattern or how you made this wonderful quilt. Happy retirement!
Thanks for all the kind words, folks! I have made this kind of tree several times over the years and don't remember where I got the idea, but here is how to make the tree...I'm sure there are lots of you that can out-do me on the embellishments!
I first cut a large triangle from (40 inches across at the bottom, 50 inches tall) green and white fabrics (use colors of your choice) This made 2 large elongated flying geese panels. One with a green tree and one with white tree in the center. To give the tree it’s branches, I cut the green one into 2 ½ inch strips and turned the strips upside down and stitched them back together (I numbered each strip with chalk pencil to be certain I got them back in the right order. This gives the tree it’s ‘branches’. Add embellishments and borders as you like! Very easy quilt with a minimum of piecing.
Attached Thumbnails publication1.jpg