View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Judi in Ohio

I remember one of my first quilts and going to a LQS and haveing them cut 1/8th yards - yes you read right. I can't imagine what I was thinking, but it evidently was before Bonnie Hunter - she changed my quilty outlook and there is no going back. I was always a scrappy girl - the more fabrics the better, but now I know how to do it better. I guess I'm tight, but I don't buy fabric unless it is one sale or is a terrific border fabric from which I can design an entire quilt - I just did that Wed - found the most gorgeous neutral piece for my neutral quilt which has been floating in my head for years. Guess this might be a start. I bought 3 yds of it. I mostly buy 1 yd for colors, 2 yds for neutrals, I buy lots of pillowcase fabrics - love to make these as gifts with monogrammed cuffs. And I do the Bonnie thing, every fabric gets a 1 1/2", 2, 2 1/2" strip cut for a grab basket quilt. And now the strings. When I even up the ends I make the cuts at least 1" for strings - wish I had known about this when I first started.
Have I told you I'm a scrappy girl? Extreme at that! lol