View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
SandyinZ4

Smile Early Christmas present

I got my early Christmas present from my hubby today in the mail and since weather was cold but sunny, he put it up on the house for me. It is made out of metal and is a Mariner's compass...a favorite and famous quilt block. Many barns in the east and midwest have a quilt symbol painted on their barn for good luck and I thought it would be neat to have one on our house.
We had planned to make one out of wood this winter and paint it and then I found this place that makes them out of metal and it was painted blue and matched the house perfect so I showed him and he told me to order it. He said it is his gift, too as now he won't have to make one out of wood. Plus wood might warp and this one won't. Doesn't it look cool!!!
Fortunately, we don't have snow yet like we usually do so he could climb up on the roof and put it up. Just in case anyone wonders where I got this, here is the place. I do not know this person and get no benefit but if you do inquire about one, let him know I recommended him just to show him how we quilters are all connected. :-) ~Sandy
classicmetalcompany.com
Attached Thumbnails 12-7b-mariners-compass.jpg