Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 AM
charity-crafter

This one has the metal tape measure closure on one of the pockets and seems like it should be straightforward.

But 1 pattern piece is called different things, on the pattern it's the back pocket and the written instructions call it the outside pocket. Process of elimination, it's probably the same.
The inside pocket is the only pattern piece that says cut 1 interfacing. Yet, on the front page under preparation and cutting instructions we are told to layer 2 fat quarters and interfacing and trace pattern pieces for outside, lining and 2 inside pockets then cut out. So does every piece need interfacing?

The inside pocket pattern piece has written on the pattern: cut 1 fabric, 1 lining and 1 interfacing, but later the instuctions say "if you use a magnetic snap closure you may want to interface the top half" So, am I double interfacing that piece on the top? Am I cutting 2 inside pockets from both fabric and lining?
I guess this is why they say to read the instructions through first before you start cutting.

I'm used to pattern pieces saying, "cut 1 focus fabric, cut one lining, cut 1 interfacing, cut 2 fusible fleece etc" Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I feel a pattern I paid $9 for, it should be better then a free pattern I get off someone's blog. It could be me also, I so used to the indepth color photos and directions on different blogs that when it's condensed to 2-3 pages with black and white sketches of the steps I'm not sure what I'm looking at.