Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 AM
kastolzm

Default To QUILT or TIE/TACK...that is the question...

Morning All, I have a Tee Shirt quilt I am finishing up on. I had Too Coo Tee Shirt quilts company finish the top for me and I am finishing the remainder of the quilt. I am using a polar fleece for backing, skipping the batting. Too Cool suggested tying the quilt vs quilting [since I am using my home machine [not a longarm]. However, I am just not liking the way the tying looks. I'm about a 1/3 of the way done with the tying. I have not snipped down the tails either. I was planning on snipping to a 1" tail. Since the quilt top is a mosaic of all colors, shapes, etc, the black embrodery floss just looks "scraggly." I was wondering if I could, in fact, quilt it on my home machine...? I am not doing anything fancy, I'm thinking of ditch stitching, then in each square doing a straight stitch from one corner to the other corner, then another line a couple of inches over from that one...like diamonds.

What do you think? My main goal is to not break down and cry over trying to quilt it on my home machine. I do not have access to a longarm, nor do I want to pay or rent one. Oh and the quilt is 68x76. Thanks. Kori