View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
I forgot to mention but look at the quilting on the modern quilts (more straight line than what we are used to) I think something like that would work on yours as well. You can Google Modern Quilt Guild and probably get some ideas. I am also sure you could FMQ it but if you are nervous, take a look at the others and see if any inspires you.

I strongly agree. As soon as I saw your wonderful quilt in those fabrics of yellow gray black and white I thought modern quilting ala Angela Walters style. See if you can't get a hold of her book for some great ideas or visit her blog at quiltingismytherapy.com. Actually Charisma just recently posted a quilt on her blog that had overlapping squares. http://charismascorner.com/?p=6804 I think a modern style like that would suit this quilt quite well. And if you are not quite confident in your FMQ this overlapping squares can be done quite easily using your feed dogs and a walking foot.

You can go with the varigated gray thread you purchased or maybe something that will blend in a bit more. Either way it is sure to be quite cute.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 12-08-2012 at 07:16 AM.