View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM
cpcarolyn

I had a 5x7 embrodered piece I made for my granddaughter and was shocked at the cost of framing.
I wanted a mat making the piece 10x12. Aaron brothers wanted $90. Joanans & Michaels with coupon
wanted $40. This is for a piece that I payed $6.99 on E-Bay. So I decided to frame it myself. Got another
shock, the choice of mats is limited. Black, white & gray, did not to go with the project. So decided to
go to an art supply store. Found an off white on the pick side. Worked great, brought out all the colors in the project.
Pay the $2.50 went back to Michaeles found an off white frame. All is good. Went to frame it took the wrapping off
the mat and found that the sun had faded the mat except where there was sticker. So now have what looks like
a stane on the mat. Back to Michaels to find some flowers to cover stane. Found some pink flowers in the scrap
booking section. Put one over the stane, lower left corner and one in the upper right coner to make it flow.
I am so happy with the results. I would not have thought to add the flowers if not for the stane but it just makes the whole thing pop. I love the results but I spent almost as much time trying to frame it as I did working it.