Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

As a beginner to my methods I think you did very well. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone has areas they can improve on. So it is a journey and we all are on it!

I think your color choices in the first one are okay. I like hte pink and green and the darker blocks are fine. A differant color such as a navy or less of a strong print might have worked better.

The second one is not bad. I wouldn't call it sad I've seen much worse. One hazard to be aware of is choose fabrics that have good contrast either light and dark or light red to light green. Color wheel opposites. then you need to watch the prints. If you have a print that has the same color as the block it will sit beside those colors will blend together and you wont' see the design as well.
Using large prints with small to tiny prints is good contrast too.

It 's all a learning process! I'm sure your partners will treasure them as you made these just for your partners! I always love that I get something that was in my partners hands not long before I get it. It is a connection I really like.