View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT View Post
I'm going to shock everyone, but I'm not going to do step #3 her way. I own those rulers, but just can do things her way (maybe she is right brained and I am left brained). That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it

I'm going to do HST's (half square triangles), so mine will end up being a 4 patch. Top row will be a square on the left and a HST on the right. Bottom row will be a HST on the left and a square on the right.

I'm NOT using scraps, so all my fabrics for the blue would be the same, the background the same, etc. I have the "Triangulations" software, so will just print out the HST size I need and sew them that way. It is so speedy and the exact size you need always happens. To me, personally, this is the quickest and most precise way for me to do this step.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else just wants to turn their heads away from this project because of those rulers.

Suzanne in VT
I used the Triangulations software last year when we had a lot of half square triangles to do. It does work great, and the triangles come out perfect. I printed it on newsprint (which I also use for paper piecing) as it comes off so easily. For those that don't know Triangulations is a software program that prints on paper, then you line up 8 1/2 x 11 pieces of fabric with front sides facing, place the paper one top and just sew on the lines that are printed. When you finish sewing on the lines, then there are other lines that you rotary cut and you get perfect half square triangles. This software has all different sizes of quarter square and half square triangles.