Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
mpspeedy2

Our grandchildren are getting to be adults and all of the families have more than they need. We will have a get together with my step-children, their spouses and our daughter and her husband on the 23. For the last several years we have each brought a generic gift and played a game where they went around the room several times before finding their final owner so they have to be pretty gender neutral. My husband found the perfect huge box of chocolates for his gift. Being grandma I always have something made for each of the children, spouses and grandchildren. This year everyone will get a fleace Raven's scarf. I am decorating T shirts with embroidery for my three granddaughters and one for my grandson. For my daughter and son-in-law I decorated two hooded sweatshirts with embroidered characters from the Simpsons. They each have a dog that they have to walk on a regular basis. They also ride scooters when the weather cooperates even to their jobs in Washington DC. If I get around to it I will also decorate shirts for the parents. It doesn't matter that my eldest step-son is now 50 he is still our son.
My three brothers and thier families don't usually exchange with us. If we end up getting the whole family together this year I will cross that bridge when we come to it. I can always whip us something machine embroidered like guest towels or napkins etc.
My husband asked me what I wanted. I don't know what to tell him. Anything craft related that I want I go ahead and purchase. I have several pieces of good jewlery that I wear all of the time and am not a clothes hog since I wear a size 22. If I didn't purchase another yard of fabric for a year I would still have more than enough to keep me busy. I have more than a thousand dollars tied up in machine embroidery software 80% of which I have never used and thread coming out my ears. We have done a lot of traveling in our 35 years together but my health is getting so that I prefer not to go to far from home and doing a lot of walking or standing hurts. Getting together with our children and grandchildren is the best present I could recieve. They each live at least an hour from us by car but it might as well be on the moon. We are lucky if we see them in person three or four times a year. When the grandchildren were little I ocassionally got to babysit but those times were few and far between. The youngest of them is now 15.