View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 PM
CarolynMT

Sorry for the delay, actually had to run out and buy backing material cause what I had was not enough....

In answer to the questions about the celtic knots, those are embroidered on. I used my Brother Innov-is 4000D. The designs are from Babylocks "Designers Gallery - Interactives, Celtic Knots"

The french braid part is my own design, once I figured out how to do french braids.

The fabric, strangely enough took me about 15mins to pick out these colors. The Red/Orange/Yellow one I am doing for my brother took us 2hrs. Just depends on what you have.

The knotwork specifically is stitched out using Floriani Rayon, varigated....Red/Brown/Black.

I did several table runners using the french braid method, and different embroidered centers. I even used the new circle attachment (think it was babylock's) and stitched out one using that. This type of quilt lends itself to embroidered/embellished squares very well.

Sadly, I have to have this finished by the next friday, in order to ship along with 2 pins, 3 purses, another quilt and 5 photos to frame....nevermind wrapping everything. So I dont really have time to add more stenciled/fancy designs or send out to a long armer. Think SID is best, let the fabric speak. The backing I bought today is a print, very similar to one of the red prints in there, with a solid black binding. Think it will be fine. Tis for my 21yr old son, who I hope like heck he understands the quality of what he is getting.

Finally, Thank you all so very much. This is one of my favorite quilts so far. I have several others that I have done this year. I am still learning but enjoying it all very much. And very last....the key to french braids is accurate cutting...once you do that, the rest is very easy!