Thread: Color Catchers
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Another SW Ontarian reporting here!

Look for Dr. Beckmann Colour & Dirt Collectors .... virtually the same as the Shout Color Catchers that our USA neighbours have. They work and I was surprised at fabrics that bled ... and after more than one washing! Now, I use them in ALL pre-wash of fabrics to know how stable the colours are and as a quality control check for me.

They also have a line of products for other washing needs ... including to deal with Colour Bleeds. Here's an earlier thread .............

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t185615.html

IF I notice the sheet change colours ... then I will re-wash the fabric, til another sheet comes out clear. And/Or treat with Retayne.

Synthropol does the same job as the Colour Collectors/Catchers ... only that you have no visible proof to "know" what really happened. That's why I prefer the CCs, so I can see and have confirmation, that all is good.

As to where to buy, I get them at Metro. And if by chance you are near a Longos, they have them too. I seldom shop at Zehrs or the Loblaws group of stores, so don't know what your chances are there.

Yes! I am SOLD on their value during the pre-wash process ... so I don't have to fret later!

Good Luck!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-08-2012 at 01:52 PM.