Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM
candi

Smile It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas:)

As a side note, this is one of my favorite Christmas songs but I CANNOT sing it on key to save my life so every season, it had become the reason for lots of laughs and good fun because I still SING it! LOL.
So I am soo excited about Christmas this year that I decided to make quilts to decorate! I have been wanting to try my hand at French Braid quilt and thought I'd give a Christmas one a go! It was soo much fun and so much easier and quicker to make than I thought..I made four braids, but decided that I want a skinnier quilt, lol, since it is for the couch, so used three for the quilt and then the fourth as runner I also used the scraps and strips leftovers to deck the halls with pillows, many runners and toppers to go with the quilt, loved making these. Just pretty much made up things as I went to come up with various sizes for my furniture, how about that for obsessed?? LOL.

The quilt measures 44 x 74 (perfect for us little and tall people lol) and the toppers are various sizes. I quilted the braid on a rented longarm with an all over swirls.

Hope you all have a blessed Holiday season.

Attached Thumbnails christmas-braid.jpg   cob-detail.jpg   table-topper.jpg   christmas-decorations-2012.jpg