View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 PM
tellabella

I know this was written a while ago but I just had to add my own experience here.... I too live in Toronto and went to the Innova dealer one Sat...I had called a couple days before and was told to come anytime....BUT when I did go the machine was packed up from a trade show..I was asked to come back but when I said I didn't live close by the guy...he is the same person you dealt with....huffed and puffed..and then called someone on the phone to help him get the machine out of the box...place was a mess...stuff all over the place...and this gentleman knew nothing about the machine or quilting...I didn't let on how much I knew about machines in general and especially the Innova as I had my heart set on one...I had even been talking to people at head office for some time and had researched them inside out....he did not know what a black light was for....was going to sell me an old model table?. Only when the other guy mentioned the new feature did he mention it too...I asked him what training was included,any classes and he said 5 minutes and laughed...wrote up an invoice estimate and we were sitting on packing boxes...he scoffed when I told him I was going to see an APQS machine the next day ...and made some reference about it being a never heard of before brand...he was ver y patronizing and took the entire session as one big joke, was not serious at all...
now the reason I decided against the Innova was because of the dealer and I just didn't feel this person was knowledgeable or would offer customer support...this is a big purchase...like buying a car...and one would never go into a car dealership with boxes and cartons and stuff all over the floor...I wonder if the Innoa people have ever been to this storefront...it can't be good for the Innova name...he lost my sale and I was sorry there wasn't another Innova dealer close by...I even considered going to the States...also, he was doing to charge me $750 to set it up.. I felt this was too much...as I had watched the entire video on the site...when I told him we would do it ourselves by following the videos he told me I would never be able to put it together myself as it was a big job...