View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:07 PM
golfer

I belong to the Flying Geese Quilt Guild in Bel Air, Maryland. We celebrated its 20th Anniversary this month. I have been a member for four years and have enjoyed learning, making new friends, helping with the Month of Love which involves making pillows for breast cancer patients, quilts for the military, quilt bingo, quilt show, Linus quilts, and much more. We also give monies to different charities. They have weekend retreats of quilting.

We also have great presentators and the next day they teach some of their techniques. My friend and I are in charge of the Goslings which meets the first Monday of each month. Someone in the guild volunteers to teach a new technique or she or I teach something that we have found on the internet or in a quilt magazine. The Goslings started out for new members, but everyone is invited.

This guild started with in l989 with 5 ladies then 12 and then into a guild with almost 200 members. We meet at the local volunteer fire station on the 3rd Monday of each month.

Barbara, the golfer