Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 PM
starshine

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Well I took your advice on how to find my lost Christmas: I watched Elf the Movie, It's a Wonderful Life, put out some decorations, Went to the local christmas tree farm and looked for a tree, fell in a gopher hole broke two fingers on my right hand and my left wrist, while driving myself too the hospital I listened to christmas carols on the radio, and still haven't been able to find my Christmas! trying to type this is not fun.
It must be especially frustrating to be trying to find your Christmas Spirit and get broken bones in the process.
But my suggestion is do something for someone else, someone that is less fortunate. Buy a gift for someone that won't be getting a gift such as one of the community groups that give to children like Toys for Tots, or here the fire stations collect toys people drop off and all the groups that provide for families get together and collectively arrange for the families to get gifts and food. (several years ago our city coordinated the efforts of several groups so that there wouldn't be one family getting help from 2 or 3 organizations and some families not getting any help) or go visit someone in a nursing home or the hospital long term, or a child, that doesn't have visitors. make a donation to your local food bank. Is there someone in your neighborhood you have never met? Stop and knock on their door and introduce yourself, invite them over for a visit or meal(maybe just a visit seeing that you broke a wrist and 2 fingers)
Watch Miracle on 34th Street and see what ideas you get. Or the Christmas Carol, and God bless us everyone.