Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
kay carlson

Default I was just going to put something away ----and 4 hours later....

I have been so happy with the way my sewing area is arranged and the room is inviting without clutter. No, I think this is a long term project in progress, so I will refrain from patting myself of the back at this point.

Well, I was going to go downstairs to sew. I planned to sew while some of the football games were on this afternoon. The Packer-Lion game this evening will require my full and/or undivided attention.

Since I have been following some tips to unclutter, it seemed like a natural thing to do when I decided to put away a paper I had in my hand. That's when I went off on a tangent. Three shelves of the front hallway bookcase were cleared, washed with Murphy Soap, and the contents were sorted. In the process, I discovered several items needed a new home --- giveaways or file 13; some 3-ring notebooks needed to be labeled; and layers of dust were removed. (Contradictory to my mantra that dust is a protective covering!) The project of cleaning all six shelves will be resumed this week when I want to listen to NPR.

We aren't expecting company for the holidays, but it will be good to have that bookcase in order. :-0

Sew I am piecefully following my heart and will go downstairs to quilt. GO PACK GO!