View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Lois-nounoe

I just lost an Amazon that I had for 35 yr. He was suppose to be 3 when I got him but could have been older. I sure miss him. He did talk for many years than just decided (like a child) to only say what he wanted and to get my or hubby's attention. If he called my name and I didn't answer he would call my hubby's. He was really funny with our cats and I miss him a lot. Now I have a smaller parrot that I inherited from my hubby's nephew. A white crowned Pianus.Nice little bird but he has a thing against women. After many years I finally got him not to try to bite when I feed him. After ten yrs you would think he would trust me by now. But the house cats love him and (though I can't let him out of his cage cause I can't trust him not to come and bite me) they pat him at the cage wires and sit with him a lot. My Amazon always had the freedom of in or out unless we would be gone overnight and many a time we would hear him climb down the cage and walk into the bedroom at night while we watched tv. He would visit and cuddle for a bit and then I would put him back on his cage. After more then half my lifetime I sure do miss him.