View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 AM
PJisChaos

Default 10 yrs. later & it still looks great!

Who says ya have to do it the "right" way all the time?
This was the 3rd quilt I made, 10 yrs. ago, when I started this obsession with quilting. I had only the knowledge gained through the internet and even less experience using that knowledge. All fabrics were from Wal-Mart and only the jungle print was a 100% "Quilters Cotton", the rest were poly-cotton blends and the batting was whatever was cheapest at Wal-Mart too. It was even pieced with the 2 for $1 spools of thread, and quilted with the same thread using just the regular old foot on that ancient White machine my MIL gave me (because it would only sew straight stitches as the other functions did not work on it). LoL! I washed it the other day for my son, for what seemed like the millionth time I swear, and noticed that it has held up just beautifully. It is so soft and cuddly, a real favorite of his and my grandson. None of the seams are 1/4", I'd bet money on it, and the quilting is minimal. But, not one seam has popped in all these years, nor has this one ever needed any mending. Some of my more recent ones that have been "made the way they should be" can't claim any of these things. Beginners Luck, maybe? Or just maybe doing it your own way IS the way to go?
Attached Thumbnails my-quilts-010-.jpg  

Last edited by PJisChaos; 12-10-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: didn't post the pic