View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 AM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by kookey426 View Post
I've made lots of quilts not in the" right" way! Over the years I've also learned that there is no right way but your own way!!!! NICE QUILT!
You know, I have always thought this myself. Then I checked out the "Why Quilts Matter" dvd at my library last week. I was getting just a bit miffed while watching this series, as she keeps saying how "machine piecing will de-value your quilt", or that "machine quilting will de-value your quilt".. This series was recommended by many on the sites I go to but so far, I am not liking it. I thought it would be informative regarding the history of quilting and the whys and whos, not directed at collectors and dealers. This just got me thinking about all the Quilt Police out there, none come to the shack I promise ya, and just who do they think they are to tell the makers .. "this is wrong" or "that is wrong"?
I just wanted to put this one up so others can see that there is no wrong way to do anything, if it's what works for ya.
To encourage others to do it their way and enjoy the process, for it all comes together in the end.