Thread: Frustrating Day
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 AM
sewmom

Oh my goodness- for a minute I thought you were me. A similar thing happened to me a month or so ago. I had taken my FW to our quilting retreat and sewed all weekend with no issues whatsoever. When I got home I oiled it. Next quilting group, I sewed 1 seam. After that problems. The needle wouldn't go down - finally took the bottom off and there was fabric caught in the gears. Removed that and then couldn't get a good stitch. One of my friends asked if I had cleaned the feed dogs. No, so I took off the throat plate and cleaned. Then I couldn't get the boobin case in. I ended being so frustrated that I put it away and cut strips for our project quilts. Went to a Fw clinic and the man was talking about servicing these great little machines. He got to the part about the throat plate and the bobbin hook and I knew what had happened. I left him my machine to clean and check. He did an awesome job and it runs like a dream! I learned alot- about patience and about my FW. Also my friends were highly entertained! LOL. Sometimes it is just best to put things away and work on something else.