View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Those are true and valid thoughts!! Thank you all so much for your insight, I truly am listening (er, reading) all of your thoughts and taking them to heart.

About running a business from home - this is a biggie. To be honest, I'm in the middle on it. That's part of why I'm asking here. If I finance something, then without a doubt that means I'm going to be going into a full blown business. Where as, if I buy something used and have no loan, then I can move things at my own pace, but I will likely have to settle for what I can find rather than what I want. We have worked really hard to be smart with our money and if I buy something new - more expensive than my car - this will be the riskiest purchase I have ever made.

Can we afford the payments? Yes, but we don't want to. We paid off both of our cars so if there's a month that I can't make the payment from business then we can swing it, but it will be a strain, like having car payments again. Ideally I'd like to not have to take from our regular budget if I can swing it, but I am realistic that things rarely go as planned.

Also, with the business, I may be ready and willing to have a home based business, but I'm not sure if my family is. This is something to ponder.