Thread: x-mas cookies
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by BMP View Post
My Mother always made these with her Mirro Cookie Press...I sure wish you could still find them. All the 'new" type just dont work like her old Mirro !!! I have probably 3 cookie press's and not a one works like the old hand crank Mirro she had.
You might have some luck finding one in an "antique" store. I'm not pulling your leg! Also, there are hundreds of them on eBay right this minute. If it doesn't have the booklet, you can find it online here: http://anna-gastronomy101.blogspot.c...ro-cookie.html

I had an electric cookie press for a number of years, but eventually went back to the old one because the electric one had a very narrow tube and was more trouble to fill and clean.

I'm pretty sure that any dough that works in a press will also work well with cookie stamps or the bottom of a glass, and that might be the most efficient way of making molded cookies when you take into account assembly time and the fact that the old cookie press isn't supposed to go into the dishwasher.

I'm editing to add that you can also use a disc from one of these presses as a stamp. I saw that idea in a magazine one time, and it's a time saver over using the press, or rescues your effort when for some reason the press won't work right for you. It's not the same look, but some of them, such as the Christmas tree, dog, camel and wreath (or flower?), look quite nice. Just press the disc on a small dough ball until a little of the dough comes through and lift straight up.

Last edited by Rose_P; 12-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.