Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Quercus Rubra

Dear Machel.....

Thank You for the wonderful Secret Santa!! It was like opening a "Mary Poppin's Style box" It was seemingly never-ending just like her carpet bag. LOL. It was fun playing the guessing game while looking at the pretty candy cane stripped box as it sat on the dining table just waiting for Opening Day. Now for the list......

The Notions:
My 1st Eleanor Burn's Pattern - it's the Oriental Fan pattern for tablerunners & quilts, a Dritz 6x9 cutting mat, a small bottle of Aleena's Tacky Glue, a Clover white makrking pen, a Dritz 120" Quilter's Tape Measure, a Singer Angled-edge lint brush, a Dritz seam ripper, a set of 2 Singer machine & hand needle threaders, 2 Dritz Pearlized 30 count straight pins - one shaped like hearts and the other like leaves, a 6 count of John james Tapestry meedles, a 7 ct. of Gutermann Sew-All threads, a LED Poppy Flower flashlight and a fancy pair of Stork scissors with a white & black print on them.

But wait - theres more!!! LOL. Sorry just couldn't resist.

The Fabrics:
Oh my but wonderful assortment of YUMMY scraps in a quart baggie and then some more in larger pieces of strips and squares. Be still my heart!! Then theres are a group of 3 solids of dark red like a cranberry, navy and dark lilac which will just perfect to make a Amish Mini Quilt to go with my set of Amish soft dolls that are from a panel from Lancaster, PA. Next comes a "Grandma's Scrap Bag" that has me almost drooling with it's 5 shades of brown & tans with a wonderful Toile (sp?) print aling with some Civil War prints, a nice medium blender and a great solid tan to bring 'em all together. I even have the perfect mini quilt pattern singing it's siren song in my ear. But still going .. I found this great bundle of FQ's that has 2 co-oridinating leaf prints on both black & creams background with gold on them.

And to finish up this great box.... Machel sent me this neat homemade card the has a black fabric Amish Buggy stitched on it. It reminds me of the all the Amish buggies from the Lancastor area in PA.

Thank you again Machel! You did a wonderful job with my box that I hope you had just as much fun picking everthing out as I will playing with everything!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Y'all!!

Tricia

PS My camera is so not working so I will have to figure out how to come with a picture some how to share with everyone.

Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 12-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.