View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Cheryl

Hi Anna, I have an umbrella cockatoo, she is 15yrs young. She was given to me as the lady really didn't have enough time to spend with her as much as she use to . Because her children were active in sports, and other activities and also when her son would try and study the bird would go into her LOUD SCREAMING and also when her husband came home from work after working all night and trying to sleep she would be so noisy that he was getting upset with it. I never had a big bird like this and when I went to get her all I could think of is she going to bite me or not take to me etc. Well she took right to me and I LOVE Allie so much. But the thing is with these kind of parrots is their very high decimal pitch of hollering or noises they make and also the Moluccan cockatoo has a much greater piercing voice. You have to think are you going to be able to stand this and will this interrupt things with your family living. These are one of the first birds that people try to find someone to take . My friend has a double yellow head amazon and he is just a wonderful bird he talks and his voice isn't like the cockatoos. She got him when he wasn't quite a yr. old and he is just soooo funny. So Please really check out about if you really think the cockatoos are the right bird for you and your family. They Require ALOT of attention from their owners. But I just really love mine yes sometimes she really gets my nerves on edge .LOL