View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 AM
patricej
Administrator

having missed it completely the first 72 times i looked, i just noticed the model number printed inside the throat.
on the 75th go-round, i found the serial number.
no luck so far locating a source for a manual.

it's a pink & (beige?/tan?) colored Model 220 Super Streamliner.
there's one on ebay for - get this - $239.95, plus shipping.
it has the original case and foot pedal, but ... really? $300 by the time you factor in shipping?
puleeze ... as if ... whatever. LOL

curiosity got the better of me so i went hunting through my jumble of miscellaneous extra feet and gadgets.
i found a few vintage feet that fit; some specialty feet; and an adapter for snap-on feet.
i have more than a dozen of the metal bobbins, plus an extra bobbin case.
(the bobbin winder is a pain in the butt to use so far. no manual, so i can't tell whether it's the winder or the user. LOL)

i suppose it would be cool to find the correct foot pedal and case, but i don't plan to try selling it so i don't suppose that matters over-much.

the plastic carrying case is good enough for hauling it from one place to another.
it isn't sturdy enough to handle the weight of the machine so it sits flush like it should.
so, more important, i think to eventually find a nice little table or cabinet for it - on wheels - so i can take it into the living room if i want to use it while watching the boob-tube.
i don't know whether any members of my guild are vintage collectors.
if any are, i guess i'll take it to a meeting to show it off.

for now, it's a significant hassle to drag it out for use.
i'll do that every so often to keep it from freezing up again.
and to fiddle with the bobbin winder until i figure out how to tame it. LOL