View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 AM
romanojg

that's exciting. About 10 yrs ago we were having a silent auction here at the childrens hospital that I work at (non-profit) and I saw a rolex ladies watch, so antique that you have to wind it. I waited until the last day and a few minutes before it was supposed to end I put in a bid for 20 over current bid; as soon as I did that it was counter bid. I knew then someone else was out there watching it too. I put my next bid in the box but waited until there was only a few seconds left before hitting enter to submit it. I was so close to the end of the bidding that as soon as it refreshed the screen it was over and I won. I spent 200 on this watch and it had a value back then of over 700. I plan on selling it this yr to pay bills, as soon as I find a good dealer but it is so pretty and just the thrill of the bidding was great. Even sitting watching for the last second and the screen refresh was great. I'd never done that before but since it was for the hospital I knew it was for a good cause and it was legiment. Congratulations and I hope the gemologist gives you the same good news that the appraisers seem to have.