View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Grannyh67

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I agree to a point. There are just some stitches and ability to adjust the stitch, that modern machines are the best fit. And there are features of modern machines that just lend themselves to a better outcome. The automatic needle down is just one.... Many of my projects are completed on my modern machines as they give the best results. But, given the chance to pick between a plastic wonder from WallyWorld or a vintage machine, I'd go vintage! I love my modern Bernina and Janome and love my vintage machines. But, I think there are just some plastic machines that are junk!!
I totatly agree with you Candace. I have good plastic machines. I won't buy a cheap one. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I love the old vintage machines too, like to play around on them. I also make something every now in them on one of them. But why would I want to use an old vintage machine when I have all the bells and whistles on my modern machines that makes my sewing a lot easier and faster. Just punch the buttons and you are off to the races, lol...have a great day and to each their own. I love all sewing machines!!!