View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Buckeye Rose

Originally Posted by QuiltingByCourtney View Post
I used light weight pellon iron on interfacing for the backs of my shirts, it was .99/yd at Joann's and it worked awesome...I have made 2 super queen size t-shirt quilts so far...I did an all over meandering pattern for the quilting, I went over the sashing and all, my sashing was just regular cotton...I also just meandered all over my logos although if you chose to do that just go slow so you don't break your needle...because sometimes it wants to stick a tiny bit...I pre washed and shrank everything before I started because I didn't want much shrinkage after it was all done...My border, I used part of the black material from my backing, so thats why I bought and extra big piece of backing so I could use some of it for my border I bought my backing 108" wide (@Joann's on sale 6.99/yd) I used Warm n Natural packaged batting on sale for 19.99....On my border I SITD then did a free motion design that looked like fire My backing was a bit heavier fabric then my sashing. I did checker sashing around my small t-shirt to make them to be the same size as my big shirts due to having toddler size shirts & adult shirts...it turned out better then I thought it would..If you have any other questions feel free to pm me and I can try help you out...one of my biggest challenges was chosing the thread color for quilting, I chose a gray variegated thread that turned to black so it kind of looked like checkers as well, then I had my bobbin thread solid black so it blended in on the back. ...good luck, have fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381574[/ATTACH]

Great quilt! I love the checkerboard sashing....it fits in great with the racing tees....I so appreciate all the tips.....I know working with tees can be a bit challenging, so wanted ideas before I ever cut the first tee....thanks again!