Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
brenda21

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I just love seeing everything folks are sending/ receiving. Apparently many of you do not stay within the $10.00 limit! Unfortunately for my recipient, I do need to stay within that limit, so I hope she won't be too disappointed. I ordered some fabric for her as this is a rural area and not many choices for fabric shopping. I really hope it gets here before the deadline! Otherwise I'll be sending a supplemetal packagef.
Belfry~some of us that have been doing this swap for quite a while post this for newcomers every so often....a lot of us pull from our "stash" and collect things throughout the year to use for swaps...we get them as we see them on sale...some people also "regift" items that they have received from previous swaps but won't use or don't need; there is a dollar isle at Michaels that has lots of goodies for swap boxes such as pens, tablets, buttons, notecards, all kinds of stuff; some have said that Big Lots and Tuesday Morning have the same kind of bins/isles..if I make something from my stash or give fabric from my stash, I don't include it in the ten dollars either...If I pass on a book or pattern or quilting magazine that I'm finished with then I don't count that either...Walmart and Joannes puts patterns on sale for 99 cents throughout the year...a lot of people also get the fabric once it's been reduced, etc. I know some people pick up things at yard sales or second hand stores to use in the swaps for different things that people like to collect (old buttons, old books, candles, etc.)...and some people may be going over a little this month since it's Christmas time...but just have fun and don't stress...everyone just loves getting goodies in the mail